Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Letter F

F is for Frog Each lesson starts with the intro to the letter that we are learning that week. I show cardboard cut letter and then I ask, Do you know what letter this is? And what sound does it make? Then we practice and talk about the letter and sing the song by Leapfrog, The (name the letter) says (letter sound), The (name Letter) says (letter sound), every letter makes a sound the (name the letter) says (letter sound). Next we do tracing and intro to the word of the day. We practice saying, spelling and writing the word. Then we start the specail activity, which is different for each letter. Today since it was the Letter F we went on a Frog Find where we searched through the enitre house trying to find frogs. We found them in the stuffed animal basket, toy bins, on books and even on quilts. What a fun time we had Finding Frogs! Then we Flipped Frogs. After Easter I bought a frog game not really knowing what I was going to use it for. The kids spent a good 20 minutes playing and flipping the frogs. After each day we try to think of other words that start with the letter of the week. It is amazing what my boys can come up with. I will sometimes give them hints, for example; I am thinking of a "B" word that we can eat and is yellow. Answer Banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment